Help

This Product Ideas board is currently undergoing updates, but please continue to submit your ideas.

[SOLVED] "Add to Airtable" browser extension

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Bill_Doerrfeld
5 - Automation Enthusiast

I’m considering Airtable for information gathering as I browse the Web. One tool I currently use is Trello along with the “Add to Trello” extension for chrome and safari which nicely adds the URL and title for the page I’m viewing and creates a new card/record in a specific Trello board and list both of which can be specified within the extension. Simple and powerful. I could only convert to airtable if I had something similar.

40 Comments
Hallie_Siegel
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

I am considering AirTable but the lack of web clipper is a show stopper for me. To make this work from a researcher’s perspective, I would need an extension from Chrome/Safari that lets me capture:

• URL
  • Screen shot
  • PDF version
  • date clipped
  • full reference information for capturing APA/Chicago style citations, similar to Zotero’s web clipper.
  • the ability to extract the full citation from the table later would make this a serious competitor to Evernote and Zotero since it would be all in one!
Nelson_Keating
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

What might make this more efficient would be to use Google Drive for this — let users choose a google drive folder to upload the screenshot to first. Airtable can grab it from there? @Borja_Morales lmk thoughts. This would be amazing and so useful!

Anne-Marie_Helw
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Hi I would love to use the extension . It seems really cool and I need in Airtable to bring articles from internet . but I have no knowledge on coding etc … I Tried to follow some of your explanations in order to setup the extension without success!
Is there any chance you can help me with the detailed steps setting up the extension on chrome ? For now when I click on the extension I get a black space with the word “form” and 3 lines On the right side !!
Thank you so much

Borja_Morales

Hi,

There are two things required to use the extension:

First in the extension options the API Key must be set, the API key for your account can be found in https://airtable.com/account

Second. A input form must be set for a certain table. The easiest way is to open the table in the browser and click in the extension button, it should then create a configuration settings for the current table. Click save and it will be saved in the extension options.

Let me know if you need more help.

Anne-Marie_Helw
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

could you give me more details: i have the API and?
creating a form on airtable chrome? would you have an example? I know I am asking a klot, but could you give me more details: i am really bad in computer science or anything like this!

Borja_Morales

Hi,

I am working in a way to make the configuration easier, a leave all the coding thing for the “advanced” mode.

I’d like to release 2.1 during this week.

Jim_Collins
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Pls send us the link to your chrome extension page.

Jim_Collins
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

I also need help getting this extension to work.

a_small
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Hi!

I would use the extension to auto-populate fields that I have in certain bases. For example, I have a job-search base. A “Send-to-Airtable”/“Add-to-Airtable” extension would cut down on manual data entry.

Also, if that app/extension/functionality could be extended to mobile as well, that would really help. I live in a major city and there’s internet service on our subways. Sometimes I do job search related stuff on my commute, so having the full functionality would be super helpful.

Kasra
9 - Sun
9 - Sun

For anyone else stumbling upon this thread, we launched a Chrome extension a few months ago: https://try.airtable.com/web-clipper