Help

This Product Ideas board is currently undergoing updates, but please continue to submit your ideas.

[SOLVED] Simple checklist within fields

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Daniel_Zuckerma
5 - Automation Enthusiast

This would go a long way in letting many of us move completely away from Trello, Asana, Etc. into Airtable. I know there are workarounds (link to another table’s list containing the tasks), but that quickly becomes overly cumbersome. Would love to have simple checklist as a field option!

76 Comments
DavidMa
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Many thanks to the posters who offered workarounds. I would also like to see this feature for the reasons mentioned by other users, to be able to break things into a series of steps.

Joseph_Workman
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Claude - Do you have complete field list or a template we can look at?

Maggie_Steele-T
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

I would also like to see checklists as a feature in the app. Does Airtable have any plans to develop this feature in the near future?

jakek
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

I too would love ability to add simple checklists for subtasks to a row/card in airtable just like you can in trello. Trello is perfect - super easy to add a checklist of subtasks to the card. I think you can even add multiple checklists though that seems like overkill. Would love to see this in airtable for Kanban view and the expanded row details modal.

Austin_Alexande
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

It was depressing going through this whole thread from start date to now only to realize this feature still does not exist. Seeing as it’s a no-brainer, I assume there is some issue not visible to us with implementing it. I will be very happy once this feature appears.

Ines_Naiberger
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

It would really be useful. I’m used to using Trello and checklists are frequently needed. I hope this feature gets implemented soon.

Michael_Tinter
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

This is such an obvious need its surprising that Airtable doesn’t have this feature baked in yet. Thanks for suggesting it.

Chris_Mullins
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

+1 for this feature. It’s a difficult one to crack, so I understand why the AT may move carefully here.

Here is my .02 on how this might be implemented:

• create a new ‘interpreted’ text Field Type
  • create a syntax that users can paste or upload - I’m imagining something simple like MD, but it could even be JSON or HTML
Rigel_Thurston
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

+1 Vote for me too. I would definitely move away from Trello if I had checklists.

Howard_Shaw

I may be onto something here after reading this thread. I needed a way to create repeatable checklists as well that sometimes would need their own sub checklist. I use a combination of multi-selects, check boxes, and attachments. For the muti-selects the idea is to add all items at initial project kick-off, and then as each item in that checklist is completed the user removes that item. I then link a checklist record to the projects that need them. I can also use different views to create workflows on the checklists based on what department does what, so if there are other steps that have to be completed first, then those checklist records are hidden until completed. then Zapier can trigger the notification the appropriate team, that they have a new checklist to attend to in their view.