Help

This Product Ideas board is currently undergoing updates, but please continue to submit your ideas.

[SOLVED] Simple checklist within fields

cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Daniel_Zuckerma
5 - Automation Enthusiast

This would go a long way in letting many of us move completely away from Trello, Asana, Etc. into Airtable. I know there are workarounds (link to another tableโ€™s list containing the tasks), but that quickly becomes overly cumbersome. Would love to have simple checklist as a field option!

76 Comments
Ruairi_Donnelly
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Please can we get this!!! Itโ€™s really essential for me! Iโ€™m seriously considering switching to Things because itโ€™s so much better on this dimension.

Marcus_Wong
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

I am a new user to Airtable as of 20 minutes ago. Iโ€™m so surprised that after the (fairly) pleasant emphasis on onboarding experience, such a key productivity feature is totally omitted. I will now be unsubscribing, because it seems like your product managers can go two years ignoring key features and user feedback - who knows what Iโ€™d need in the future that Iโ€™d have to wait years for.

Julian_von_Gebh
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

yes, a well thought out checklist feature would be aweseome. But I understand that this is not as easy as it seems to fit to the basic metholigy of airtable. Still I hope you find the right fit to make checklists with airtable easier!

Kendall_Shortt
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Agreed. This has been one of the main issues switching part of my team over to Airtable. This would certainly benefit product developers who need that checklist to stay on track.

Julian_von_Gebh
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

There might be a little workaround. You can keep adding a single text followed by checklist field. This way you can describe your checklist tasks and check them for each kanban ticket individually. Its not perfect but it could work for some people.
[Single Text 1] [Checklist 1] [Single Text 2] [Checklist 2] [Single Text 3] [Checklist 3]

Christina_Dunig
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Iโ€™m totally onboard with getting a checklist. I have several different types of clients and would like to have a default checklist for each client type. Then if I have a Type One client I could link that clientโ€™s name to a Type One Checklist for him, then link my Type Two client to a checklist for her, then my second Type One client have her own Type One checklist, etc. What would be really great would be to be able to have comments for items on the checklist. If I need to deliver widgets to Joe, it would be great to be able to put a comment by โ€œDeliver Widgetsโ€ where I could note โ€œWidgets to be sent to Second Street addressโ€ or โ€œWidgets damaged in shipping; need to send replacements.โ€

David_Fox

Thanks - I was trying to do something similar with prerequisites and dependent tasks, and this solved my problem.

Bill_French
17 - Neptune
17 - Neptune

Related is the essence of a collection inside a record of which checklists is one possibility. Lists of pretty much anything would be helpful in eliminating one-to-many relationships that are generally unnecessary complexities.

Kris_Regentin
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

It looks like this is solved (or nearly solved) with the addition of rich text editing, which I believe is now in beta. I have access to it and can confirm that checklists are present.

Tried to post screen grabs but Airtable forum wonโ€™t let me.

Howard_Shaw

Iโ€™m in the Beta too and itโ€™s solved this a lot for us. We also use it with Description Blocks as well.