Help

This Product Ideas board is currently undergoing updates, but please continue to submit your ideas.

Sort/Filter on Mobile Device

cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Brandon_Sturgil
7 - App Architect
7 - App Architect

While it seems Airtable is a desktop-built application, many customers/clients use mobile. A fair limitation to using Airtable for our business is the ability for our prospects to use the Sort/Filter features for an embedded view on mobile. They simply canโ€™t interact with the data unless they are at a PCโ€ฆ

14 Comments
omin
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

+1. The embedded tables lose all functionalities in mobile view. Iโ€™d much rather have a non-responsive table then a non-functioning one.

Joe_Mitchell
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Tagging onto this thread but will also see if I can get a reply from the Airtable folks directly. Is there any hope of having desktop functionality (sort, filter etc) available on mobile devices? Itโ€™s mission-critical for my application. Thanks

Kenneth_McCathr
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Following this discussion as well. I am working on a project where most, if not all, users will want to filter and sort data via a mobile device - particularly iPhone and Android smartphones.

ConnorTomasko

Following this discussion. Creating a directory by embedding a view on a webpage and most users will be on mobile. We need the search functionality as well as the ability to filter and sort within a view on mobile.

M_k
11 - Venus
11 - Venus

Hi @ConnorTomasko

Yes you are able to search , filter and group records on a mobile devise.

Mary Kay

ConnorTomasko

Hi @M_k,

I havenโ€™t been able to when looking at an embedded view on a webpage on mobile. Is that what youโ€™re referring to? If so, I would welcome direction so that I can adjust settings on my embedded view.

Thanks!
Connor

richard_zimmerm

Followingโ€ฆthis is insane that airtable got to $1b without a mobile solution

jcp
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

I donโ€™t think this works for embedded views unfortunately though. I just ran into this a month or so ago and was pretty surprised.
Iโ€™m following this thread because Iโ€™m trying to understand when this feature will become available.

There was a previous discussion about this here: Any workaround for filter, group, and search on an embedded view in a mobile device? - #8 by ScottWo...

in which @ScottWorld mentioned that requesting the desktop version of an embedded view from your mobile browser will show the filter, sort, and search options.

while the solution mostly works, it could be a big inconvenience depending on how people are using the shared embedded view. Curious to know the reasoning behind the omission as well from the product team.

ScottWorld
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

I think their only reasoning is what an Airtable employee told me: that their focus is primarily on the desktop experience, and mobile is not a priority for them.

In my opinion, this is extremely short-sighted & completely ridiculous, considering that the majority of Internet usage is done on mobile devices โ€” and you can certainly bet that Google will be focusing primarily on mobile with their Airtable competitor Google Tables.

I am an expert Airtable consultant, and I have already lost 2 clients because Airtableโ€™s mobile views & mobile embedded views do not work. These are 2 customers that Airtable lost as well, but Airtable doesnโ€™t care because they werenโ€™t enterprise customers.

Airtable does not traditionally listen to any user feedback unless the feedback comes from enterprise users, but I would still encourage everyone to keep emailing support@airtable.com about this & keep bugging them about this.

Not only are they hurting all of us with this decision, but they are also hurting themselves as their customers leave Airtable for other products.

Itโ€™s crazy that Airtable wouldnโ€™t just spend the few hours necessary to fix this gigantic & glaring problem in the platform.

Jordan-van-Berg
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

That is a big mistake from Airtable. If we canโ€™t use filtering/searching on the mobile view we need to skip airtable and look for a different solutions. Mobile FIRST is the new era and even if only 30% of our visitors is using a smartphone filtering/searching should be possible and it still likes this is not the case.

A real needed feature thatโ€™s missing and for us having to decide if this is not coming or on a roadmap to skip airtable as a very welcome solution.