Help

This Product Ideas board is currently undergoing updates, but please continue to submit your ideas.

Sort/Filter on Mobile Device

cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Brandon_Sturgil
7 - App Architect
7 - App Architect

While it seems Airtable is a desktop-built application, many customers/clients use mobile. A fair limitation to using Airtable for our business is the ability for our prospects to use the Sort/Filter features for an embedded view on mobile. They simply canโ€™t interact with the data unless they are at a PCโ€ฆ

14 Comments
Jen_Pennington
5 - Automation Enthusiast

It is now almost a year later and this issue still exists. I have a mission critical need for this to be working for firefighters in the field working on Wildland Fires. Most do not take laptops in the field. They take their Mobile devices. This does not even work on tablets either. Has anyone found a workaround for this or heard anything from Airtable? I did write to their support email as per Scottโ€™s advice.

ScottWorld
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

I think this is the perfect example of how little Airtable cares about its customers.

A poor workaround is to view Airtable in a tablet web browser if your tabletโ€™s web browser gives you the option to โ€œrequest desktop websiteโ€. You still wonโ€™t get a mobile experience, but you will get the full desktop experience shrunk down to the size of your tablet. Not everything will work properly, either.

A better workaround would be to create your own mobile front end to Airtable by using a portal tool like Glide, MiniExtensions.com, or Softr.io.

As an expert Airtable consultant, I am available for hire to help customers setup portals, so feel free to contact me if you have a budget for your project:

Otherwise, many people find that they need to leave Airtable & switch to a truly professional database platform such as Claris FileMaker Pro, which provides robust desktop & mobile environments. (I can also refer you to great FileMaker developers, if you contact me through my website.)

hanaftrn
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

can anyone give recommendation of substitution that could work on mobile?

alpacox

Canโ€™t believe this isnโ€™t sorted yet!