Help

This Product Ideas board is currently undergoing updates, but please continue to submit your ideas.

Sort / Group / Filter by Record Comments

cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Tony_Illos
5 - Automation Enthusiast

My idea is to have a function that would allow you to group, sort, or filter by the comments added by users.

For example, we run a manufacturing company, and have several users in airtable communicating with each other and leaving notes on orders pertaining to updated project or customer information. A lot of times, this is for alerting others that something needs to be changed or updated, as not everybody is handling that specific task.

What Iโ€™m interested in is having the ability to filter all of the projects we have so that users can only see projects that have comments attached to them from other users (or even themselves). As of right now, the only way to find these is to scroll through the list of current projects and look for the icon saying that something was noted / updated / changed. With over 600 projects, itโ€™s a bit of a daunting task.

10 Comments
Noel_Howell1

Canโ€™t you make a new view called โ€˜sortedโ€™ and then add a filter for comment = not blank or comment contains specific keywords?

Tony_Illos

The only things that can be filtered or sorted are the table fields themselves, not the comments attached to the entire record(s).

Elisa_Jansen
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

plus one - please add some functionality with searching / grouping by comments!

Erin_Alter
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

six years later and this is still a really helpful feature that does not exist.

jochbeck
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Yeah, I would also really appreciate to have that feature at hand

KEVIN_BERGER

All in favor say "aye".

Aye!

rubysue
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

i would love this feature!

satr
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Need this feature!!!!!!!

jpvertil
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

needed!

Brett_D
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Sorry if I go a bit off topic here, but it is somewhat related! I have been considering if Airtable could be used by our Digital Marketing team as our task/project management software instead of our current software (ClickUp) and thought I'd share my findings here. At the moment we use both software but for different purposes. I'd love to solely use Airtable, especially now that bases can sync!! But alas after doing my research, the reason I am sticking with Clickup is a lack of features in Airtable:

- as the OP said, the inability to sort/filter/group Comments and Revision History makes it unworkable

- we use attachments on a daily basis for proofing and this is easily the best feature of Clickup's. Airtable sort of offers the same thing, but the comments are all messed in together, and I can't seem to 'resolve' comments once they have been actioned. I don't think I can assign particular comments to particular users either. 

- I can't screenshot then paste into comments, nor can I add attachments into comments

- clickup has unlimited storage of attachments while airtable limits us to 20GBs in my plan. Even business only has 100GB per base, which when you're talking about design files, will add up pretty quickly. 

There are of course workarounds to many of the above, but honestly, if you want us to take Airtable seriously as Project/Task Management tool, the above edits are crucial. I also feel that improving in this area should be a priority for Airtable because it will actually help convince companies like mine to get more users on board so we each can receive personalised notifications to our emails, i.e. more $$ for Airtable).