Help

This Product Ideas board is currently undergoing updates, but please continue to submit your ideas.

[Suggestion] Date Range Picker

cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
rishi_shah
5 - Automation Enthusiast

I create a leave form where an employee can select the start and end date. But as per the current functionally it is not possible with Airtable Form.

There should have an option where the user can select the date range.

3 Comments
Justin_Barrett
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

Could you please provide more detail on why this setup doesnโ€™t work for your use case? Iโ€™m guessing you want to do more with the selected dates, but your current description doesnโ€™t make that clear.

rishi_shah

The current setup is working fine. But itโ€™s not a well-defined solution. If the employee selects the wrong date the calculation is becoming wrong in our database. And at that time we need to edit and manage those things manually.

Even our team fills itโ€™s inappropriate solution where they can select the previous date in the return filed.

Justin_Barrett
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

So itโ€™s the lack of validation between the two fields that is the biggest issue. Thanks for that clarification. I agree that Airtable could use more validation options for certain field types or field combinations.

One possible alternative would be to use a different form system that has the validation you seek, and which can send the data to Airtable after itโ€™s been validated. One option in that vein is JotForm. One of their included widgets is called โ€œCheck In Check Out.โ€ While its labeling is initially designed for making reservations, the widget allows you to customize the labels for the date selectors, so you can label them โ€œStart Fromโ€ and โ€œReturn On.โ€ That said I havenโ€™t used this widget myself, so Iโ€™m not sure how its output would feed into Airtable, but it might be worth a look.