Help

This Product Ideas board is currently undergoing updates, but please continue to submit your ideas.

Table/Desktop UI Option for iPad Pro

cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Andrew_Enright
9 - Sun
9 - Sun

Please consider adding the table UI as an option within your app for iPad Pro (at least the full size model), a la your desktop/browser UI.

Thank you,

A.

24 Comments
Cynthia_Jaggi
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Yes! I was so sad to discover that now that Iโ€™ve switched to iPad Pro Airtable is basically not functional for me. It is just too clunky to create records, (as compared for example to sheets where I can drag content into cells) and the views are so limited. So far Airtable is literally the only reason to keep my laptop, and I canโ€™t justify carrying it around for that. Please let us have the web version option!

Mike_Redmer1
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Would also love to see the iPad app closer match the Mac and web views. Especially Kanban.

Andrew_Enright
9 - Sun
9 - Sun

Why wouldnโ€™t scrolling work? Two fingers, just like everywhere else within iOS.

Honestly, a big iPad Pro has more pixels than many laptopsโ€ฆ So scrolling is not needed MORE when โ€œmobileโ€.

James_Samuel
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Yes, speaking out on behalf of myself and a client who also want this - Pleeeeeese, because we canโ€™t see grouped records in the app. This is an important aspect of tracking BI through the data weโ€™ve collected in our base.

Roger_Jeffries
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Katherine_Duh, it has been 3 years and we are still waiting for a better iPad Pro interface. What is the hold up? We use AiTable for business and the card format is not conducive for business. IT does not give us all the tools that the desktop version does. It in fact takes more time and makes us more inefficient when using it in the field. Pleas help us and stop us from making the same request year after year after year. PLEASE!!!

Heracles
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

What is more, the web view is perfectly functional except from one thing โ€” it does not support touch drag, so thereโ€™s no workaround.

calepes
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Hello @Katherine_Duh. When I was watching the WWDC 2019 keynote and apple explain the changes to ipadOS and that safari is known as a desktop-class browser and couldnโ€™t immediately start thinking about if with this, airtable could support the grid view! That is something that people like me who wants to move from mac.

Andrew_Enright
9 - Sun
9 - Sun

My thoughts EXACTLY!

Daniel_Kuney

I would be thrilled if we could finally get all Airtable features on the iPad with the new desktop-class safari. I would also be totally interested in a native iPad add that could port to the Mac with Project Catalyst. But I imagine that would take a lot more time/engineering than Airtable on iPad Safari.

calepes
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

I just installed the iPadOS and Airtable at Safari itยดs full desktop!!!