Help

This Product Ideas board is currently undergoing updates, but please continue to submit your ideas.

Text and table formatting

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Denise_Schumake
5 - Automation Enthusiast

It would be great if it was possible to FORMAT TEXT (fonts, colors, bold, italics), CELLS (left, right, center alignment, background colors), and BORDERS (bold or dashed lines, colors) within tables. The ability to add extra header lines and/or to FREEZE more cells vertically and horizontally would help, too.

I really like the idea of Airtable, but can’t effectively use it over Excel until it has more functionality.

75 Comments
cheng_zheng
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

I hope there are basic “left-align” “right-align” “center-align” for “Single line text”

Tracylee_Frankl

I ditto everything here 1000 times. Airtable is an awesome spreadsheet but it’s missing so much key spreadsheet functionality, centre/right/left align, coloured text, coloured cells…these are small things but they make a huge visual difference…I can’t stress how much a difference these would make.

Tracylee_Frankl

I can’t believe the ability for basic formatting has been requested for 5 years…by a huge number of clients and still not even a date has been discussed.

Airtable, please, please…give us the ability to display our info, the way we want to see our info. (left/right/middle aligned, coloured cells, borders, bold, italics are SUPER important to making airtable a visual masterpeice).

Steve_Penson

I agree. This functionality would be useful.

Emily_Kennard

+1 Please add this function!

Jason_Roach
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

“Is this real life?!” I assumed Airtable would have this feature…surprised to see it’s still being requested?!

Also, not sure if anyone has called this out yet, but being able to display tags within a cell would be helpful. For example: Ability to display character count of contents within each cell, by column. Defining Title Tag; ALT text; Meta Description come to mind where this would be useful.

Geza_Molnar

Hi Katherine,

Could you find some specifics in this thread? :winking_face:

When are we going to see them in AirTable?

Raquel_Robles
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

I’ve been using Airtable less than a month really love it; however, I too am shocked that the ability to change the font in tables doesn’t exist. Is there any workaround at all? The text size is an issue. Anytime in the near future?

Tim_Heymans
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Airtable, we’re waiting…

Giorgio_Bazziga
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Airtable, Any progress on this?
It’s been 5 years?

Please, add colors.