Help

This Product Ideas board is currently undergoing updates, but please continue to submit your ideas.

Time Dependencies (extension to date dependencies)

cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
dwaeldchen
5 - Automation Enthusiast
What is the proposed idea/solution?

Extend the date dependencies feature from only coverind 'date' to also cover 'hours' and 'minutes'

How does is solve the user problems?

I want to build an agenda for a conference. The records are my sessions (e.g. Keynote 1). Now I wanted to use the date dependency feature to update the whole schedule if I let's say change the duration of Keynote 1.

Who is the target audience?

Basically anyone who want to build a schedule or running order.

1 Comment
TimC

Airtable is great, but we could definitely use much more thought from Airtable about how many business clients need to think in hours and create alerts based on things that happen within X hours.

It is borderline strange that there is a filter for days but not a filter for hours, when the date field does track time just fine. It would be fine if it is not perfect to the minute, if the concern is creating more jobs to run to deal with any dependencies on the time field rather than just the date field. It could be restricted to paid accounts if need be.

Really, it could be updated no more often than every 15 minutes and it would still be a major major improvement to have access to the ability to filter by time and create automation alerts based on records within a certain number of hours. I hope it's already in the works, but I wanted to speak up to it, since most people would just groan and not bother to speak up.