Help

This Product Ideas board is currently undergoing updates, but please continue to submit your ideas.

Time Field Type

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Alan_Stokes
5 - Automation Enthusiast

I built a base to track my medicine but need a time field type to improve it. Any chance that could be developed? You probably want to build in standard time where user can designate their time zone and what is known as military time.

66 Comments
Daniel_Saunders

+1 from me too. I’m making a base to record coffee roasting data and want a field where I can record how long the roast took until first crack and second crack.

Isaac_Watson1

I agree! This would also be useful in creating an event schedule or tracking total running time on segments of a video or podcast, for example.

Kyle_Bolton
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

+1 tracking time in this is hard without a time only field

Jamie_Walker

Something so simple to do in Excel, but is lacking here without writing complicated formulas, and even then it won’t autosum the column as it doens’t recognise the data type.

I would like to be able to enter a duration I spent on each task as HOURS:MINUTES. Each record is a task I’ve completed. I will then be able to Invoice the Client based on the addition of each tasks duration.

Julian_Kirkness
10 - Mercury
10 - Mercury

Hi Jamie

What I’ve done in my own time management app is to have input columns for hours and minutes and then a calculated Decimal Hours column:

These screenshots are from my KasTim Lite base which is available from the Universe:

I hope this helps.

Julian

Jamie_Walker

Oooh that’s a cool idea. Thanks for sharing.

Vernon_Fowler
7 - App Architect
7 - App Architect

There’s an existing Time Field Type thread in feature requests. :winking_face:

Carolyn_Morgan
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

A time field would be a total game changer. I’m thisclose to switching to using AirTable all the time, but without a time field … it’s a no go. Pretty please add this feature.

W_Vann_Hall
13 - Mars
13 - Mars

From a recent broadcast message from Airtable:

We’re excited to share a new field type with you: Durations.

You can configure a duration field to represent a length of time measured in minutes, such as the length of a meeting—or measured in seconds, such as the length of songs or video clips.

Durations are displayed in hours, minutes, and seconds: “1:23:45”. Otherwise they work just like number fields when you want to filter, sort, group, or summarize your records. They work with formulas, too: you can format a DATETIME_DIFF formula result as a duration, and you can reference a duration field in a DATEADD formula (in both formula functions, be sure to provide ‘second’ as the unit).

Durations are supported on our web and desktop apps today, and will be supported on our iOS and Android apps in the coming weeks.

Andre_Zijlstra
9 - Sun
9 - Sun

That’s good news! I will check it out right away. Thx for sharing.