Help

This Product Ideas board is currently undergoing updates, but please continue to submit your ideas.

Time Field Type

cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Alan_Stokes
5 - Automation Enthusiast

I built a base to track my medicine but need a time field type to improve it. Any chance that could be developed? You probably want to build in standard time where user can designate their time zone and what is known as military time.

66 Comments
Vince_Forte
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Iโ€™m getting an error when I try and use that formula. This is exactly what I need.

Miquel_Capo_Cas
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Make sure you have the right name selector.

Mimi_Tran
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Still waiting for this feature.

Justin_Barrett
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

Also make sure you correct the quotes used when copying the formula. The forum appears to mess them up at times, turning some straight quotes into curly quotes. Straight quotes work for formulas; curly quotes donโ€™t.

Chandan_Chauhan
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Would love this feature. Definitely helps.

Nora_Brown
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

I would also like to have a โ€œTimeโ€ field type separate from Date.

Sean_Griffin
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Wow this thread is so longโ€ฆ Since 2016โ€ฆ you think they would listen to their communityโ€ฆ

Justin_Barrett
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

I wouldnโ€™t assume that theyโ€™re not listening. Prioritizing software updates is a lot more complicated than many would assume, and thereโ€™s a lot that we donโ€™t know about whatโ€™s happening behind the scenes. From what Iโ€™ve seen elsewhere, it helps the folks at Airtable to get details about specific use cases where Feature X could potentially be used. If you could describe how you would specifically use (and benefit from) something like this, it would carry a lot more weight.

Peter_Nelson2

Hereโ€™s my use case for the need for a separate time field. I need to be able to calculate the total and subtotal of time duration across sets of records and cannot for the life of me figure out how to do this. While I can get a Min Date and Max Date in summary fields, I canโ€™t get a Min Time or Max Time to show up in subtotal or total fields, nor can I use or create them in a Pivot Table. Help!!

Vernon_Fowler
7 - App Architect
7 - App Architect

Hi @Peter_Nelson2 and welcome to our community! :slightly_smiling_face:

Just curious whether a combination of Date (without a time field) and Duration field types would be suitable (or at least a work-around) for your use caseโ€ฆ?

You can use a formula like {End Time} - {Start time} to compare durations.