Help

This Product Ideas board is currently undergoing updates, but please continue to submit your ideas.

Time Range in Date-Time Field

cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Education_Team
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

I have created a database to keep track of educational programs and I am finding that it would be very helpful if the time in a date-time field could be a range. For example: August 20, 2019 4:30 - 6:00pm. Right now, I get around that by doing the following, but then I have to fill in two separate fields and it would be great to have it in one.

Start%20and%20End%20Time

3 Comments
Andre_Zijlstra
9 - Sun
9 - Sun

That can be done by using the CONCATENATE formula. But it would require 2 source fields.

Regards,
Andrรฉ

W_Vann_Hall
13 - Mars
13 - Mars

Remember that a datetime value is meant to refer to a specific moment in time, down to a specific 1/10,000th* of a second. Your date-plus-time-range value, on the other hand, is the equivalent of two datetime values, one for the start of the range and one for the end. Your solution is probably the best approach to capturing this hybrid value. (I suspect itโ€™s not so much having to enter the value using two fields that is annoying as much as it is having to enter it using three different input methods: Picking the date from a calendar, selecting the start time from a drop-down menu, and manually entering the end time as a text string. Given that your end times are likely to be on the half- or quarter-hour and only during the school day, you might want to change {End Time} from single-line text to single-select with such options as '8:00am, 8:30am, 9:00am, and so onโ€ฆ)

* I think.

Paul_Graykowski
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

This is interesting gap. I want to capture data that shows meeting and appointment times as related to a calendar. Itโ€™s odd the calendar view can integrate w/ outside tools but it only shows the date and star time. Not sure how well that integrates.