Help

This Product Ideas board is currently undergoing updates, but please continue to submit your ideas.

Time tracker block attached to a record

cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Crystal_S
5 - Automation Enthusiast
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Thanks for your hard work on this beautiful software! I would love to see the ability to start the time tracker block from an individual record. The workflow would be much more simple than having to click to the time tracker block, press Start, (and the most time consuming part) searching for the proper โ€œtaskโ€ record to add time to. Thanks again!

1 Comment
Kevin_M
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Agreed that there needs to be a better way to select the record you want to track. An alternative to what youโ€™re proposing is the ability to attach the timer to a specific View. You can then pre-filter records via the View (for instance, a View that only shows records created or updated in the past week) and when you start the timer youโ€™d have a much smaller set of records to choose from. I suspect this would be easier for the Airtable folks to implement, since it involves almost no changes on the UI side, just an extra dropdown in the timerโ€™s settings to select the view you want.

I believe thereโ€™s another post out there with this feature request, but it didnโ€™t get much traction, so Iโ€™m hoping to revive it here. Both of these feature requests are trying to solve the same problem so it probably makes sense to merge them.