Help

This Product Ideas board is currently undergoing updates, but please continue to submit your ideas.

Timeline block: color records from view

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Michael_Schaech
5 - Automation Enthusiast

In the timeline block settings, it won’t let me select color “by field”

Screenshot 2018-12-10 16.12.25.png

I have two views:

• master grid
  • calendar pulling from grid

I have conditional colors set on master and pulling through.

But it won’t let me select a field inside of timeline settings…

3 Comments
Katherine_Duh
10 - Mercury
10 - Mercury

Hi Michael,

At the moment, the timeline block only supports two types of coloring: specific color (which lets you pick a specific color) and color by select field (which requires that you pick a single select field). Based on the names of your field types, it looks like you don’t have any single select fields, which is why all the options are grayed out.

Crucially, neither of the available options in the timeline block is related to or dependent on the record coloring feature, so at the moment, your conditional record coloring can’t carry over to your timeline block.

The matrix block, in contrast, does support coloring from view (which would allow you take the conditional coloring and apply it to the block). There might be future changes to the timeline block which would allow you to do this as well, but for the time being, you’ll need to come up with an alternate solution. I’ll move this thread to the feature request category and I’ll let you know if we implement this feature later.

Michael_Schaech

Super helpful reply, thanks for the quick response! I see what I need to do now to structure everything properly.

jowan_qupty
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Hi @Katherine_Duh,

Is the Conditional Colouring for the timeline block still something Airtable is considering to implement?

Thanks