Help

This Product Ideas board is currently undergoing updates, but please continue to submit your ideas.

URL parameters (e.g. filter, sort)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Adam_Dowsett
5 - Automation Enthusiast

It would be useful to be able to apply a filter via a parameter on the URL without having to build that filter into a view. E.g. https://airtable.com/baseID/tableID?filter_name=Adam&filter_status=Alive

Use case 1: I have noticed some records which could be of interest to a single client only, I can filter the table to show only those records, then send the URL to them. They click and are taken into the table view but with additional filters applied, so they see what I saw.

Use case 2: I’d like to send a welcome email to project managers inviting them to update records which are relevant to them, ideally without them having to apply filters themselves. In the email would be a link to the table, pre-filtered to only show their projects. I want to automate the creation and sending of this email (e.g. with Zapier), so creating one view per project will not work, instead I would have zapier generate the URL parameters based on variables from the input.

3 Comments
Bruno_Carvalho

This is a very interesting idea and I think it is not that complicated to implement.
I think we should be able to use it the same way we can use the URL parameters to query the data through the API.

Drew_Westphal
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

This would be very useful to me toooooo

Lassi_Eronen
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Yes, this would be an amazing addition. The ability to send links to clients or colleagues with a specific paramater in the URL would allow the recipient to see exactly the records you need and you automate for example lots of tasks related to marketing, sales and customer support (view only the right lead, show only the relevant ticket, etc.)