Help

This Product Ideas board is currently undergoing updates, but please continue to submit your ideas.

URL--Text to Display Feature

cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Samantha_Allema
5 - Automation Enthusiast

I think it would be nice to have the option to hyperlink with different text showing, like any basic HTML hyperlinking. Like I can even do in this forum if I needed to.

Visually, having the url just there isnโ€™t appealing.

163 Comments
Samantha_Allema

Thanks for the heads up!

Kamille_Parks
16 - Uranus
16 - Uranus

Not to belabor a point, but that beta is not just making bold/italic text and solves the request at hand (โ€œpretty urlsโ€). I say this for the benefit of someone reading this thread which has now veered into unrelated feature requests.

Bill_French
17 - Neptune
17 - Neptune

Indeed, my intention is not to distract from the featured requested. This is an important one as well - one that I also need desperately.

Tim_Cai
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

+1 Please release this feature, it will make the table easy to read.

Rubal_Verma
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

was this ever implemented? I have url links in my table. The table is displayed on webapp. I wish the visitors on my webappp see only a text instead of the url. Is this possible yet?

Rubal_Verma
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

was this ever implemented? I have url links in my table. The table is displayed on webapp. I wish the visitors on my webappp see only a text instead of the url. Is this possible yet?

Bill_French
17 - Neptune
17 - Neptune

If by โ€œthisโ€ you mean the ability to split a string into an array, no.

If by โ€œmy web appโ€ you mean a custom web app that display links stored in Airtable, Split() has nothing to do with how you render links on a custom web app.

Instead of rendering raw link values in your web app, simply use HTML to display a label.

< a href='[airtableLinkValue]'>[label]</a>

Kamille_Parks
16 - Uranus
16 - Uranus

The URL Text to Display feature hasnโ€™t been officially added yet, it is still in beta. You can sign up for the beta using the link below, which will give you access to the feature (with some other ancillary features as well). I have no idea of the timeline for when they make the feature official.

A note: this is not for the URL field type. Youโ€™ll have a new field type available called Rich Text Fields, which will allow you to type in some text (i.e. โ€œClick Hereโ€), and when you highlight the text thereโ€™s an option to add a URL to it.

Julien_Belin
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Thanks !
Looks like a solution, iโ€™ve just filled the form :slightly_smiling_face:

Aaron_Weiss
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Thank you! As a brand new Airtable user whoโ€™s taking it for a test drive for a bigger project next year, this was the first clearly missing feature I ran into. Glad itโ€™s on the way. I just signed up for the beta.