Help

This Product Ideas board is currently undergoing updates, but please continue to submit your ideas.

Video Playback on Attachment

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Zeinfier
5 - Automation Enthusiast

My primary key differentiator of Airtable versus Google Sheet is the ability to upload attachments on the row.

While images work well. Video attachment doesn’t play and requires downloading.

It would be great to have this feature to at least have everything in Airtable available in term media viewing.

10 Comments
Shandana_Berry
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

we would love this functionality also

RathaiM

Thirded! :clap:t5: :clap:t5:

Patricia_Wang
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Fourth-ed! It would be so helpful!

Chrystel_Olouko

Would love that feature as well, it is sorely missed!

Mat_Lancaster
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

This feature is needed so badly. I’ve seen request going back to 2016 for this! When will become available?

Mohmedabbas_bur
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

With videos becoming the norm of communication, the inability of video playback is a showstopper. Any timeline on when can this be expected?

Justin_Barrett
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

Welcome to the community, @Mohmedabbas_burmawal! :grinning_face_with_big_eyes: The Airtable devs have historically been very tight-lipped about their release timeline for new features, and that’s not likely to change any time soon I’m afraid. You can pretty much guarantee that this is on their list for discussion, but there’s no telling when/if it will be addressed.

Mohmedabbas_bur
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer
Moe
10 - Mercury
10 - Mercury

If your goal is to play video attachments in browser, then this extension will help you do just that.

Katherine_Duh
10 - Mercury
10 - Mercury

We’ve just updated the attachment field to support video playback: