Help

This Product Ideas board is currently undergoing updates, but please continue to submit your ideas.

Webhooks for Records

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Sam_Bauch
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Webhooks for records would be really useful.

I’m heavily caching Airtable data on my own server via the API, and if Airtable could notify my server when a record is updated, created, or destroyed, that would help me invalidate the cached data and re-request it.

Ultimately that would mean less calls from my server to the Airtable API, which I imagine would please Airtable.

Are webhooks on the roadmap at all?

122 Comments
Gijs_Nelissen

+1 here. Looking to replace a number of other CRUD/UI’s. Would like to use airtable but can’t.

I would add the webhook feature to the PRO subscription. Game changer :slightly_smiling_face:

Astor_Castelo
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

+1. This would be incredibly useful. It would instantly make me subscribe at the PRO level.

Help_to_Help
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

+1 Please this is a must for my organization, we’re considering moving to airtable but this is clearly a must have feature.

Mark_Thomson
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

+1 for webhooks. It would be a gamechanger.

Shogo_Ochiai
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

+1 for webhooks. But we can deal with that by using Zappier Email Integration + MailParser.io

Peter_Friis
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Another vote for webhooks. Real bummer that this is not already available. Also would be nice to see someone from Airtable respond here.

Jeremy_Walker
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Agreed. At this point I am forced to utilize Airtable as a cute presentation layer only for calendaring my team’s release schedule. If I could actually update content in Airtable and trigger updates to core systems (Salesforce and JIRA) via Zapier I would be set.

Jonatan_Littke
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

+1 for webhooks.

Would like to post to Slack when a record is updated, like closing a sales opportunity, to inform the team and celebrate. Would get a lot more usage out of Airtable then.

Milan_Kosir
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

+1 definitely this is a must. Please start working on this!
Without webhooks, Airtable for me is like a beautiful car which I can’t drive.
Please!

Wesley_Forlines
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

@Milan_Kosir said it best: a beautiful car I can’t drive.

The instant boost in power that Airtable would have with update support on Zapier would be enormous. I’m literally just waiting to flip the switch (and pay for Plus!!).