Help

This Product Ideas board is currently undergoing updates, but please continue to submit your ideas.

Where did the Airtable Employees Go?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Dan_Kang1
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

First off, I really love Airtable and am rooting for this company to progress and be able to serve up a more finished product. But I am starting to get worried with the lack up updates and lack of progress on important feature requests we all want. Most of all, I am concerned with the lack of feedback from Airtable staff on what is happening. They used to comment in this forum all the time and provided great feedback. What happened?

There are a lot of examples where tech companies, I’m calling you out Microsoft and Google, provide a great new product idea. But they end up leaving it 80% complete and eventually abandon the product altogether.

I would love to use Airtable for literally everything, personal and professional, but I am reluctant to put more into Airtable until I see that Airtable is committed to providing a finished product and listening to user feedback.

Specifically, what I am waiting for are the following:

1. Better back up options that let us automatically back up to Dropbox.
  2. The ability to fine tune user controls.
  3. The ability to link to other bases.

Until I get these things I will use other services like excel, smart sheets, and Trello.

Please note Airtable, right now I am using the product for free and I see no reason to pay anything for it because your pricing tiers don’t offer me anything I am interested in. If you finished the above features I would gladly start paying for Airtable.

3 Comments
Hashim_Warren
9 - Sun
9 - Sun

I’m on the pro plan (or at least my job account is).

I don’t know what I’m allowed to say, but I’m beta testing a lot of awesome Airtable features.

Yes, it’s being actively developed!

Kevin_Murray
5 - Automation Enthusiast
5 - Automation Enthusiast

I’m worried that so many developments are now being focused on the Pro plan, leaving Plus users behind. For average users, Airtable becomes less value for money.

HammerOz
7 - App Architect
7 - App Architect

The beta stuff looks good. I appreciate the stability and absence of bugs above all else. something Airtable should be commended for. However it would be great to know the direction and see a proper wishlist with an official airtable status. I am sure that sounds horrible to airtable, but is it the way the best platforms handle this.