Help

This Product Ideas board is currently undergoing updates, but please continue to submit your ideas.

Within Page Designer: Sort related records within a table

cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Paul_Teplitz
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Iโ€™ve been experimenting with the new Page Designer Beta feature, and it is very close to meeting my reporting needs. What I need now is a way to sort the records by a field in the related record.

My use case: I run a collegiate outing program. Iโ€™m writing a base for our logistical planning. The tables at play are โ€œTripsโ€ (with trip-specific information like leaders, participants, difficulty, etc) and โ€œDaysโ€ (with day-specific information like campsite, route, mileage, etc). I need a print-out to give my leaders that includes trip-related information and also summarizes info from the Days table - but I want the days sorted by date.

In Filemaker, it would be easy to update the โ€œSort Portal byโ€ฆโ€ option to the relevant field. But, so far, I havenโ€™t figured out how to do that in Airtable. Does someone have a way to do this that I am not thinking of? Or is this a feature under development?

2 Comments
AlliAlosa
10 - Mercury
10 - Mercury

I would like to second this request. Page Designer has made leaps and bounds in the last year but it still lacks several features that would boost its usefulness tenfold.

I manage an employee database for a multi-location company, and am trying to automate the generation of our company phone list. If we could group, sort, or even filter the record output in Page Designer like we can within Airtable, that would make the process so much more simple. (I want to have several locations per page, grouped by department and alphabetized by first name)

Some other thoughts on improving Page Designer:

• Allow multiple pages
  • Allow integration with apps like Zapier - this would be AMAZING. For example, based on a new record in a view, you could save the page from Page Designer as a PDF, attach it to the record, then send it out in an email.
  • Allow grouping of elements, or at least be able to select multiple elements at a time to move them.
Jacob_Lamoureux
5 - Automation Enthusiast
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Thanks for letting us know itโ€™d be useful to sort the records that appear in linked record tables in page designer. Weโ€™ve just added this functionality to the block, as described here.

Thanks for waiting, and for providing helpful feedback!