Help

This Product Ideas board is currently undergoing updates, but please continue to submit your ideas.

Zoom functionality for attachment viewer

cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Refik_Turkeli
5 - Automation Enthusiast

When I view an image of an A4 paper in an attachment field, the viewer doesnโ€™t let me zoom. The viewer fits the entire image to the screen and because of the proportions, it becomes narrow. Most of the time, text is not visible and zooming is necessary. Currently, I right click and open the image in a new tab and display image in its full size. It would be very handy if there was a zooming widget like e-commerce sites use for product pictures. Iโ€™m sure you would come up with the best style. I donโ€™t want to leave airtableโ€™s page for looking at pictures and then try to get back to where I was :frowning:

7 Comments
Sarah_Goerzen1
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

I canโ€™t read anything on my attachments. I have to re-download them and open them in another application just to read the text on the image.

Sina_Bagci

Itโ€™s a big problem for us as well. Weโ€™re attaching some entire website PNGs to our base and itโ€™s impossible to read anything without downloading. Such an overkill when youโ€™re in the flow state.

Russell_Bishop1
7 - App Architect
7 - App Architect

Same as @Sina_Bagci โ€“ we have job appliations that we canโ€™t read whatsoever. Have to open new images in a new tab or, if you use the Mac app, download the image entirely.

Please fix!

Jeremy_Smith
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

I strongly agree, and am shocked that zooming into an image still isnโ€™t an option. We would like to use the attachment field to markup screenshots of web pages, which are obviously very tall images. Without the ability to zoom in and scroll down the image, itโ€™s impossible to read text or see details, making the markup tools useless.

Dan_Kraemer
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Zooming into JPG feature needs to be added to Airtable. However, I found laborious method to get around this issue. Convert all images to PDF files, then add the images as an attachment. You can zoom into PDFs when you are in a interface view.

Berber

Absolutely agree with proposition. I'm surprised it hasn't been done in five years.

Brett_D
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

I see Airtable is now focusing on its potential capabilities as a Project/Task manager which is great. I would LOVE to use airtable for this purpose. However for me to actually be able to see what I'm commenting on and provide feedback to my team on full page screenshots, it is a must have to be able to zoom in on the attachments. A single click 'full page zoom' along with zoom in out %s like Clickup does would do the trick:

Brett_D_0-1711506210698.png

It seems to me to be a very simple feature request to implement - very sad this is not yet possible, and also the reason I still pay $$ to another task manager instead of using Airtable (which I wish I could do so I could sync my tasks in with the rest of my business).