Help

Re: Airpress, the Wordpress plugin (formerly named Airfields) has launched!

2509 0
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I’m proud to announce the public release of Airpress, a plugin for Wordpress.org websites!

f8489fd96f348bab078cc641c28af3d21379bd92.png

Airpress gives you access to all your Airtable data, allowing you to create Wordpress websites that are fully integrated with your precious Airtable data. Read more on http://wordpress.org/plugins/airpress

Do you think you’ll install the Airpress plugin?

• Nope. I’m good with Airtable
  • Nope. I don’t have a Wordpress website
  • Sure. I might give it a try sometime
  • Yes! I need to display Airtable data right now!

0 voters

69 Replies 69

It looks like it may be in issue with the LightBox. If I launched the image in the browser, the orientation is correctly displayed. I’m a noob to Wordpress but I’ve already created a decent page for a new client. I’m trying to figure out how to use Airpress to create a table that is displayed with headers and each of the Inventory items… I have been able to link to each record using the virtual posts. But I would like to display his entire inventory in a table so the user can see the thumnails and dimensions of each product in one place.

I have the following tables and fields (indented below each table) in my Airtable db…

• Inventory
    ---- SKU
    ---- Photos
    ---- Product Name
    ---- Wood Species (linked to table below)
  • Wood Species
    ---- Wood Species

I’ve successfully mapped out each of the tables, but I do not know how to populate the data in a table. I can only get it to populate all the data in one cell (when I leave the filter by formula null). I’d like to have a row for each unique SKU.

There is now a screencast showing basic Airpress plugin usage on the plugin page or at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y0UkzQFk5Ok

232nd_Bishop
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Excited to try the plugin. It seems others have been able to get this to work, but I’m running into trouble…

I’m having trouble displaying a new page after I installed your plugin. Selecting view (in a new tab) only shows the page I launch from… For example, if I’m in “all pages” view and try to view a page, it shows the “all pages” view again…

When I create a new page, the permalink looks like this: Permalink: ?preview=true… After I publish, the Permalink is blank.

When I deactivate your plugin, everything works…
I even tried a clean install of wordpress… Same thing.

I’ve been using wordpress for some years, but am not an expert.
Ideas??

I’ve updated the plugin to resolve a bug in the permalink. Please update and try again. Let me know how it goes!

That got me past the permalinks error - thank you! I am following your youtube video, but am not retrieving records at all… I have the API key and App name… Have checked and rechecked table name and field names, etc…

I’ll keep trying.

**Update: I got it to work. It turns out the field name had an errant space in it…

Stephan_Strittm
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Ist there a possibility to create an index-page if parameter is not set? I would like to create an address list and I miss the feature to create an index with list of all records.

I have successfully created the virtual post for each record, but now I stuck on creating the list overview.

Yes.

Out of respect for the Airtable community, and to benefit any other plugin users who might share your question, let’s move this discussion to the Wordpress plugin support page:

https://wordpress.org/support/topic/how-to-create-an-index-or-archive-page/

Deepak_Raajesh
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Hello Chester,
This is an awesome plugin. Thanks for this plugin. I have data in single base with multiple tables. Now, I have to retrieve the data from different tables which are in the same base. Can you help me through this. I’m getting data in my website using airpress plugin, when there is single base and single table.(i.e., One airtable connection and one virtual field config.) Similarly how to fetch data from multiple table. Whether I have to create many virtual fields in wordpress for each table. Help me through this. Thanks in advance for your solution.

Deepak -

I assume you’re talking about data from multiple tables that are somehow related. If so, you’ll want to use the [apr_populate] shortcode to load data from linked records. Chester gives some examples in the ‘screenshots’ section of the Airpress page. It’s hard to give explicit examples without knowing more about your implementation – but if you would like to PM me with more details, I’ll be happy to share what I’ve learned so far working with Airpress.

Vann

Stuart_Brameld
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

@Chester_McLaughlin not sure how we have only just discovered this, the plugin looks great and could massively help us. we currently export loads of table data out of airtable and into tablepress manually to get it into wordpress posts. really looking forward to trying this out over the next week or so. thanks.

Cool! Be sure to post support requests to https://wordpress.org/support/plugin/airpress/

Setting up the regular expressions can be tricky, so feel free to post a couple sample URLs and what tables/columns you want data to be pulled from on the URLs and I can help you get it setup.

Stuart_Brameld
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

great thanks Chester, will do.

Amy_Keys
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Hey Chester…I’d love for you to join the Airtable for Web Professionals Facebook group. It would be the perfect place to increase the usage for your plugin.

Hi, Amy -

Of course this blocks us non-facebook users from seeing what is being talked about. I already have plenty of sites mining my data. I wonder if it would be possible to post a digest of facebook entries somewhere in this thread or discussion group.

Amy_Keys

Hi Roger,

I respect your position. However, I disagree with your use of the term
"blocks" non Facebook users.

Inviting Chester to join a group of web professionals looking to learn more
about how Airtable can help them seems appropriate considering his plugin
is for WordPress.

I created that Facebook group based on a discussion in another highly
respected members only group. If the audience lives and breathes in a
Facebook group, then that’s where I shall grow it.

You have an open invitation to join at any time if you ever change your
mind.

-Amy

Adam_Chasen
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Can I use this API to be able to have users modify air table records from a wordpress site?

javieroneil

Cross-posting here because the WP support forum for the plug-in is nonresponsive…

I watched the videos, read everything in the forums, etc. but just can’t seem to get this to work.

Points of confusion:

• Airtable Field to be used as post_name: my-list-of-furniture.

Is that a field from Airtable?

• Airtable Field to be used as post_name: should-be-a-slug-field

It’s creating pages whose slug is the record_id from Airtable, right? And the page template points to my-list/records_id; BUT then the virtual post refers to post_name as slug field and uses that as the test URL? BUT it filters by record_id to find records, and that’s how it creates page?

Very confused – but feel someone could hopefully point out some obvious misunderstanding I have!

JO

What helped me a lot was loading the Airtable Restaurants example base in my workspace, taking Chester’s pages from the Airpress site, and getting them to work. It wasn’t until I stepped through that exercise that Airpress’s structure started making sense. Of course, it’s been more than a year since I worked with it, so I’ll probably have to do that again when I go back to using it…

Thanks. I did manage to get it working!

Now, here’s a php question that I’m hoping is simple to answer… How do you display the contents of an array inside foreach? echo only displays values if the field is not linked to another table. In this case, “Author” is an array. I can display the “Title”, which links to “Link”, but “Author” just returns the text, “Array.” Any help would be so appreciated – php newbie here!

<?php
$query = new AirpressQuery();
$query->setConfig("Academic");
$query->table("Feeds")->view("Grid");
$query->addFilter("{Source}='Film Journals'");

$events = new AirpressCollection($query);
?>

<div>
<ul>
<?php 
foreach ($events as $pubitems) {
  echo '<li>' . '<a href=' . $pubitems["Link"] . '</a>' . $pubitems["Title"] . '</a>' . ": " . $pubitems["Author"] . '</li>';
}
?>
</ul>
</div>

Hey I’m not really a programmer as such but usually if you’re trying to print something and it gives you “Array”, that means you might be able to output something from within the array like so:

$pubitems["Author"][0]

This is not tested code at all so play around with it. In essence it’s trying to call the first indexed item inside the array. Which might be an ID, or a first name, or something else. If it’s not what you want, try [1], and so on.

Hope this helps!