Help

Custom App: Show All My Records

1295 0
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there an easy way to show all “your” records across a base? No, not really. Which is why I’m developing a custom app do help do just that.

Problem

Say you have a table of [Projects], which has collaborator fields for {Project Lead} and {Project Team}, and another table for [Tasks] with a collaborator field for {Assignee}. If you wanted to look at all records which have “Kamille” in those field values, you could easily make a a filtered view in each table to do so. However, you’d need to repeat this for each collaborator in your base, and there isn’t an easy way to look at both filtered lists of projects and tasks in one place.

Solution

Screen Shot 2021-03-21 at 10.14.28 PM
“My Records” allows you to select all or a subset of Collaborator-type fields (Single Collaborator, Multiple Collaborators, Created By, and Last Modified By) and filters records from Views of your choosing which have the currently selected collaborator included in those field values. By default, the selected collaborator will be the current user, but you can switch to view records for other collaborators in the base as well.

Bonus

My Records has an alternate mode where you can indicate records are “assigned” using LinktoAnotherRecord-type fields as opposed to Collaborator-type fields. That means you can select one record from a particular table in your base and see all of the records that link directly to it.

The app is still currently under development, and is slated for a release by the end of April. If you’d like to stay up to date on the app’s release schedule, please sign up for the newsletter here.

0 Replies 0