1869 2
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Michael_Falcigl
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

I wasted a few hours on this so I figured i would save someone the same headache.

Step 1. Create a shareable gridview link on your table
Step 2. Create a Google Sheet
Step 3. Click on the “Add-on” link in the main menu bar, on the dropdown select “Get Add Ons”
Step 4. Search for “Airtable” and on the dropdown select “Airtable Importer by Railsware”
Step 5. Install it, it’s free, but it works (I have no relationship with this company)
Step 6. After you install it, refresh your Google Sheet, then go to “Add Ons” link again
Step 7. Select the “Airtable importer” on the dropdown, on the flyout menu, select “Open Sidebar”
Step 8. On item 4, paste your shareable gridview link and select import into current sheet

The importer will only import the image URLs in the column’s cell(s). It uses link breaks in the cell to separate the URLs.

If you need to remove the line breaks and replace them with a comma,
Step 1. Select the column range with the URLs
Step 2. Press “Command + Shift + H” on Mac or “Control + Shift + H” on Windows".
Step 3. The search modal will open and in the find box enter /r/n|\n|\r
Step 4. In the replace box enter a comma if that is what you want to replace the line break with or anything you prefer
Step 5. Select the check box “Search using regular expression”
Step 6. Hit “Replace All”

I’d like to add that I can’t believe Airtable does not provide the simple option of exporting a spreadsheet with the attachment URLs, without the thumbnail URL or the additional syntax, I don’t feel I should have to write an entire API script just export my images or fiddle around with regular expression for an hour trying to figure out how to remove the thumbnails and additional syntax.

4 Replies 4
Moe
10 - Mercury
10 - Mercury

We solved this problem in another way (fewer steps too). We made this tool: miniextensions.com/airtable-attachments-to-urls. It extracts the URLs of all attachments and saves them in field on Airtable. It separates URLs by commas if you have multiple attachments in one record.

attachments-to-urls

@Moe,

That’s a cool tool.

Since there’s no easy way to split and render lists from a text field, I recommend you consider adding the option of dropping these into a rich-text field as bulleted link items - will make for a much more chummier presentation and utilization of the URL list.

In a rich text field you could also display the file name as a link and hide all the ugliness of the URL. Airtable - after all - is all about pretty and URLs are the opposite of pretty.

And, why abandon the file name? If users are using this mini-extention to escape from the sometimes insane aspects of storing the document in Airtable, help them escape fully so they can delete the attachments field altogether.

Anthony_Ceccona
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Hi, it’s really simple to get only urls from images without paying anything.

Here’s how to do it:

• Export the list you want in CSV.
  • Open the CSV file with Google Sheets.

At this point, you should have fields containing a lot of blabla, as well as direct links to your images; you will have to extract them.

• Create a new column called something like image_url
  • Extract the url with the following formula: =REGEXEXTRACT(B2; "\((.*)\)")

Done

Of course the regex can be improved in case there are several images, but in my case I do not need it.

Regards,

Hello to you,
you seem to handle Airtables well...
I am stuck on an important point for my client in terms of images and being able to export them in a MAKE scenario to Woocommerce...

1/ My client has encoded his product list in airtable, an attachment field is created and he loads his product photos in this field

2/ on my side I use MAKE to get the information of this field, Url

3/ The concern is that the url where the image is deposited and a transformed URL, it does not contain the name of the image and its extension
I get this:

//

Main image (featured)Array

• 1Collection
    • ID
      attIFakDybNBw0BNe
    • width
    • height
      *** URL**

https://v5.airtableusercontent/v1/17/17/1685635200000/GIvNsPRdHU5MMCeq6yL8Mw/9jgDWChRNrQ-wuiD7UudfmNbA2KC6FzXUKZxSeUeH9CapN5ypoL6-7OZZ_rmaMJSuDxZjXeetWiUazXbaqC_iaKv-wNqaz_j_1oFd7_PvuQRaVq35KFGTwz9lym1Gmt1sgwY-5A5S2xP0-PrpDm84VSvC9zFKlkKnz39qOnxxXMyDcuUW4GOVVmfpisO_7jUI8RO_W1hEuGqz9-B8JJXPQ/vFAuGZKlM8VewaXAANZ8bjogYArea_nu1mmHhIBkomQ 

• File name
    png-clipart-project-team-project-manager-business-outsourcing-business-service-people.png
  • Size
  • MIME type
    image/png
    ///

You can see that I can't find an exploitable url, for example like this:

https://v5.airtable.xxxxx/mypicturename.JPG 

Suddenly, when I transfer this request to Woocommerce, it fails to retrieve the image in Airtable...

I'm really annoyed and I don't know how to solve the problem..

Helllllp 😉