Help

How can I get rid of the cookie popup in the embed view ?

6720 40
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
alexandrepro
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Airtable has just released a popup to allow cookies on all embed views making my app not usable anymore....

Each time I refresh the page, the same popup is displayed !

How can I get rid of this popup allowing cookie ?

Thank you for your help!

40 Replies 40
David_Backhouse
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

I have the same problem and it is a total disaster for the site I have spent two years developing

JakobPindstrup

I completely agree, and this is a significant concern for me too. I sincerely hope that Airtable will consider making this feature optional rather than the default setting. Since the update, we've witnessed a substantial decrease in signups. Kindly address this matter. 😩 

Kjell_Myran

Airtable: Please remove this popup, or at least make this optional. 

AntoineS

Yes, at least provide some options Airtable to make sure a user doesn't have to re-accept/deny cookies when the page is refreshed. I think it is depended on the country you are viewing it from. As it's not there in Australia but if I switch with vpn to an EU country for example it is there all the time. Makes embed views unusable for users in countries that mandate cookie confirmation.

egg

Hi there, is there any update on this? It really is a dealbreaker. Is there anyway to configure anything in edit mode so that the user doesn't have to deal with this?
Thank U. I hope you guys have a workaround whilst you are fixing the issue!!!

Will_Henderson

Please fix this Airtable. Not saving cookie preferences is surely a bug

JavierGO
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Another one here asking for this to be fixed.

What used to be a reasonable good embed experience has now become a disaster: the airtable-embed-popup takes the focus of the page so, having most of my airtable embeds at the end of my pages, the user is dragged down to the embed-popup, destroying the whole page experience.

Please fix this.

egg

Hi there, this is the reply I got from Airtable: 

I'm sorry for any confusion here! This popup is actually part of standard embedded/public share link behavior as of now—it's a feature that was implemented by our team not long ago and is still in its early stages of impact assessment. I cannot say that any changes are coming to address this behavior yet, but your feedback goes a long way toward that, so rest assured I've made this known to the team behind the prompt for consideration, and thank you for making it known to us.

If I have any updates on this I'll be sure to write you back. It is worth noting two things here: if the user clicks [x] to exit the popup, it should not appear again for a while, and if the user is logged into Airtable, the prompt will not appear at all. If either of these don't work as intended let me know so that I can report it. Thanks again!

JavierGO
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Thanks for sharing airtable's reply.
As Will_Henderson pointed out, the cookie preferences are not saved. It shows up every time you load the page, at least in my case.