766 2
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
User5510
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Hi! How can I delete all my empty rows at once?

I mean I have 8,200 rows but half of them are empty (due to my import format). I don't want to click manually to each of the 4,100 empty rows and click to delete.

Do you have a trick to do it faster? With automatisation ? Don't want to use a filter, I really want to remove it. 

Thanks in advance. 

2 Replies 2
Arthur_Tutt
8 - Airtable Astronomer
8 - Airtable Astronomer

@User5510 Select the first record you want to delete then press SHIFT and select down to the last record you want to delete. Right click and click delete records. 

Here's a quick Loom Vid to demo

Arthur's method works if there aren't too many records and if they are all next to each other.

If you have a lot of records, and records with data are intermixed with records without data, you may want to first filter the view to show only records without data. (Use the "is blank" option for all the fields that might have data. If there are a bunch of fields, you can also add a formula field that concatenates the data of all the fields together and then filter on only that formula field.)

Then you can use the select box in the top left corner to select all records in the view. Then right-click and delete.

kuovonne_0-1699763202658.png

I've also written a script that will delete empty records, but it isn't in a format for me to publish yet. Sigh. too much to do, not enough time.