Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
asgharali_rizvi
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Hi,

Hope you are all doing well.

I need a little help. I have a simple single select column which have different tags and can be updated time to time. I want to calculate the edit history of each tag in other column and wanted to know how many days requiring each tag i.e when it was changed from in progress to shipped. I want to calculate the time and no. of days.

I'd really thankful if anyone provide me best solution 🙂

Thanky you 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Micki_O_Neil
7 - App Architect
7 - App Architect

Okay, here's a sample of the fields:

• One Single Select field with Process Stage
  • Multiple Date fields, one for each stage (there are more than this)
  • I also added formula fields that calculate how long each application is in each stage
  • There's also a Formula Field "Today"  not shown (just the formula =Today() )Micki_O_Neil_0-1674616074381.png

It's one automation for all the fields. The trigger watches for "Process Stage" to be updated. Then it's a series of conditional actions.
  • Micki_O_Neil_1-1674616163862.pngMicki_O_Neil_2-1674616189690.png

See Solution in Thread

7 Replies 7
Micki_O_Neil
7 - App Architect
7 - App Architect

Is there a typical order of the status changes? (ie, from ordered --> shipped -->delivered?)

If so, what I've done for this is create date columns for each status and then use automations to record the date that status is first changed. For example, I would have an automation that triggers when the status column updates. Then a conditional action that would paste the date (from a column with the Today formula) in the Ordered Date column when the status equals "Ordered", and another conditional action that would paste today's date in the Shipped Date column when the status equals Shipped. 

asgharali_rizvi
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Thank you so much for your response @Micki_O_Neil 

I have a column and there are around  5 stages of production. Each tag is updated when it moves from one step to next.

Also, I have paid plan with shows history of 6 months. 

Let me know if these automation works on December & November sheet? I wanted to get data of old sheets. If not, is there any other solution? 

Thanks again 🙂 

Awaiting for your response

Micki_O_Neil
7 - App Architect
7 - App Architect

This should work, although it will work a lot easier if you keep all the data in one table and create views of each month to filter out old data.

Just make a field for each stage's date and a field with the formula Today(). You can then make one automation triggered by updates to the stage field and five conditional actions to update the relevant column with today's date (using the Today field).

asgharali_rizvi
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

I am sorry to bother you again.

Can you please share any example with screenshots? 

TIA 🙂 

Micki_O_Neil
7 - App Architect
7 - App Architect

Do you need screenshots on the automations? Or the fields/table set up? Or both?

Both 🙂 

Micki_O_Neil
7 - App Architect
7 - App Architect

Okay, here's a sample of the fields:

• One Single Select field with Process Stage
  • Multiple Date fields, one for each stage (there are more than this)
  • I also added formula fields that calculate how long each application is in each stage
  • There's also a Formula Field "Today"  not shown (just the formula =Today() )Micki_O_Neil_0-1674616074381.png

It's one automation for all the fields. The trigger watches for "Process Stage" to be updated. Then it's a series of conditional actions.
  • Micki_O_Neil_1-1674616163862.pngMicki_O_Neil_2-1674616189690.png