cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MA_Production
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Hello,

A few weeks ago, I created an interface by a layout where I could display all my datasets from Table (1) as a Record List on the left side. On the right side, I could flexibly arrange the data from the table as well as insert data from another Table (2) that is linked to the records of Table (1). (See screenshot)

Recently, I can no longer find this layout configuration. Either I select Record Review but then I can only insert the data from Table (1) and only the direct linkage from Table (2), and that too can only be arranged in groups.

Or

I select Blank Layout, and here I can only insert a Record Picker but no Record List on the left side.

Was there an update to interfaces and this layout is no longer possible, or how can I now create an interface that is set up exactly like the one in the screenshot I attached?

Bildschirm­foto 2024-05-21 um 11.24.50.png

4 Replies 4

Yes, unfortunately, Airtable does this a lot… where they remove features that we previously had access to.

Airtable got rid of the old (more powerful) record review layout in exchange for the new (more limited) record review layout.

If you still have an old record review page in your current base, you may be able to duplicate it and still get all of the old functionality in the duplicated page.

But outside of that one loophole, there is unfortunately no way of getting the old layout back.

Hope this helps! If you’d like to hire an expert Airtable consultant to help you with anything Airtable-related, please feel free to contact me through my website: Airtable consultant — ScottWorld 

MA_Production
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Hey Scott,

thanks for your help, even though the answer confirms what I feared. I’ve already duplicated the page, but unfortunately, I need this interface in another base as well. As far as I know, it's not possible to duplicate interfaces to other bases, right?

Right. Unfortunately, that is not possible. 😞

MikeServent
5 - Automation Enthusiast
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Thanks for posting. I'm having the same issue. It used to be the case that both Record Summary and Record Review pages allowed for 6 columns into which you can place all the expected elements; and you could group these and apply background colours. Now the new Record Review page doesn't let you do this. This is a MASSIVE issue for me as I've just built a whole system on the old Record Review pages. Even more  worrying is whether Airtable will implement a new Record Summary page with the same approach.