Help

Time Span Tracking

2070 0
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I recently moved my work history notes into Airtable, and wanted a way to see at a glance how long I worked at each company, including time spans for those companies I’m still working with (I used to work full-time, but starting in 2012 my work became a mix of part-time and freelance/contract jobs).

The end product is a clean listing of years and months1, as this sample illustrates:

05%20PM

The full table includes three hidden formula fields:

56%20PM

{End Date} defaults to TODAY() if no specific date is entered in the {To} field; otherwise it uses the {To} date. {Years} and {Months} run calculations based on {End Date}. The {Length} field puts it all together.

It’s not a particularly complex setup, but it has more potential use than just job tracking, so I thought I’d share in case anyone else could use it. Copy it to your own workspace to seen the formulas.

1. I opted not to track days largely because it didn’t feel as important, and also because of the complexity it would’ve added to the formulas. If I change my mind down the road, I’ll update the linked base.
0 Replies 0