884 0
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Charles_Jorgens
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

I need to calculate summary weighted averages - for example the weighted average interest rate for a number of loans that are records in a loan table. The summary bar is very limited and you cannot create any calculated fields there that I can see.

e.g. Loan Amt Rate
$100 5%
$150 3%
$600 9%

The weighted average interest rate is:

( (100*.05) + (150*.03) + (600*.09) ) / (100 + 150 + 600) = .07 = 7%

Any ideas as to how i can do this?

2 Replies 2
Grzegorz_Wierzo
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

I also need this for my cryptocurrency portfolio tracking!

I have # of coins and price, so I would love to know after multiple deals that’s the average price I bould them. Therefore I need weighted averages, where prices are weighted by amount of coins.

Have you already made feature request?
It’s a function over two columns. The only elegant way I see it they implement it that in colum sum function dropdown we could select this instead of current (SUM, AVG), then dialog pops up and we select which column is reponsible for weight!

AlexWolfe
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Can you show us a public view of the loan table? Or an example?

I need to understand how the data works - are these loans the same (like a list of offerings) or are these new loans being entered and tracked that vary (like loans by customer, etc.)?

The steps of your calculation will need to be broken down and done in new fields/columns first, then all loan records will likely need to be linked to another table (to pull all loan data), and finally the averaging equations can be done.

Note that without seeing how the base works this is hypothetical for now :slightly_smiling_face: .