I need some help with an automation I’m running.
I’ll start with a quick explainer to my base:
One record represents one project. Projects are created in the Project-table and then “transferred”/linked to the Equipment-table.
Each project has one...
I’m facing a challenge with a lookup / rollup field. I will share a link to an example base I quickly threw together, feel free to check it out to better understand my challenge. Keep in mind that this is a very simplified version of my ori...
I have a table that lists our employees. Among other fields I have a BeganDate and a EndedDate (the EndedDate field would be blank for everyone currently employed).
What I want to achieve is a list grouped/sorted by YYYY-MM and how many employees...
A really long story made short; I’m trying to get Airtable to detect duplicate names in two rollup fields.
I have the following tables in my base
EquipmentProjecttype AProjecttype BLocation
In my Equipment-table I’m keeping track of routers we ow...
I’m working on automating multiple maintenance tasks in my base, but this one got me stuck … I’ve come to realize I need Zapier and a multi-step Zap (find record, then update record etc.), but I have not been able to figure out how to proceed fro...
I solved this by creating an IF-formula in the table you’re looking up from, saying IF(DateField=TODAY(),1).
Then, rather than using a lookup-field I’d use a rollup-field (rolling up on the DateField) with a COUNTA(values)-formula and setting con...
Setting the “Use a custom value (advanced)” to the record ID made it for me.
And regarding zeroing out the first field (DeviceUseNow), I found that writing “” in the field in the Zap cleared it.
Thanks both, got it working!
Not really a problem, but due to my incompetence on formulas, I think I have created more new fields than I really need. Any way to combine the two fields doing the Substitute-formula for the EmployeeSpecificProjectState...
Thanks for a very in-depth answer!
Actually, your first example is somewhat close to what my case looks like. However, while I was making this example base, I realized maybe my challenge is that I have more of the same “state” selected i...