New: List View Grouping

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ruihanzhao
Airtable Employee
Airtable Employee

Hey everyone, I'm Ruihan, a software engineer at Airtable working on our List View feature. I’m happy to announce another exciting update – grouping! You will now be able to add up to two groups to the bottom-most level of your List View. 

To add a group in your base, select  “Group” in the view menu bar. 

To add a group to a list view in your interface, head over to your properties panel to enable grouping.  Afterwards, you will also be able to sort groups, and drag and drop items from one group to another. 

Screenshot 2023-07-27 at 11.01.36 AM.png

We hope this update adds more value to your experience using List View and we’re excited to bring even more useful improvements to this feature in the coming months. Try it out for yourself and please share any feedback you might have! If you have any questions, feel free to drop a note below or check out our support articles below.

Other questions?
You can check out our support article on list view here and our article on record grouping here

10 Comments
alxwlfe_airbnb
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

ah-mazing 🙌

Joseph_Roza
7 - App Architect
7 - App Architect

Excellent addition, and sorely needed.

Kamille_Parks
16 - Uranus
16 - Uranus

A simple but welcome update. I notice right clicking on a list group doesn't give expand/collapse options. @ruihanzhao Any chance that will be added, and/or bulk selecting all records within a group?

Jack_Manuel
7 - App Architect
7 - App Architect

Neat! Option to show empty groups for dragging to would be awesome e.g. "Complete" status for tasks before the first task gets a "Complete" status.

ruihanzhao
Airtable Employee
Airtable Employee

@Kamille_Parks Expand/collapse all for groups is an option we are currently adding so that should be out soon. Thanks everyone else for all of the other feedback, it's very helpful for our prioritization! 

Astatsa
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Thanks! 

Rob1
5 - Automation Enthusiast

This is great!

I have not been able to find a way to match sort order of lists to the grid order. Grid is the only place where records can be manually moved in order. It would be great if that was connected in other views while maintaining ability to manually adjust.

This would be a really helpful update to all views/interfaces

Angeliki
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

This is great! @ruihanzhao Is there a way to show a summary for each group as in the grouped views?

Suhas_Kulhalli

Can you allow us to group by any level. I struggled a lot because like Sort, I thought one can group at any level

gaston
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Facing the same need here!