Help

Re: Attachments in automation-generated emails causing error: "An attachment url is disallowed&

Solved
Jump to Solution
1768 0
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tania_O_Connor
5 - Automation Enthusiast
5 - Automation Enthusiast

I've seen some posts regarding this same issue, but no recent workable solutions so I'm posting again. This automation hasn't run for a few weeks (since June 😎 and no changes were made but it's no longer working. The step failing is sending an email. I get a message: "An attachment url is disallowed". The entire automation goes like this:

1. When X form is submitted (including Z attachment)

2. Find record (where record ID matches record ID)

3. Send an email to Y email address with Z attachment (from X form submission). File format is pdf if that matters

Steps 1 and 2 run just fine...it's step 3 that throws the "An attachment URL is disallowed" message.

Nothing has changed to the automation or the file format.

What I do notice is a change in the URL of the attachment.

This is the URL (incomplete) of an attachment when it was working on June 8. The root of the URL was cdn.filestackcontent.com

Tania_O_Connor_0-1687928372110.png

This is the URL of the attachment uploaded in the failed attempt. The URL room is airtable-attachment-uploads-production.s3.amazonaws.com

Tania_O_Connor_1-1687928665909.png

Any insight into the source of the problem/the solution would be great.

I came across this community post along the way but it doesn't seem to answer the question here.

Thanks!

Tania

10 Replies 10

I contacted support and they told me that this was a bug that is now fixed. I tested it on my old automations and they are indeed working again.