409 1
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Cap_Raps
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Is it possible to automate the status of read-only interface collaborators? For example, when the status of a collaborator changes to 'inactive' in my base, I'd like to remove them as collaborators on all interfaces. When their status changes to 'active', I'd like to remove their access to Interface B but preserve their read-only access to Interface A. 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
kuovonne
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

Those endpoints for adding or deleting collaborators are only available to people on Enterprise plans. They also are part of the web API, not part of scripting. Although it is technically possible to access the web API with scripting, it is not secure.

Thus, it is not realistic to use scripting to control access. 

However, you can set up your fields and interfaces to only show records to active users. Have a table of users where you store the status of each user. Link users to their records in other tables. Use conditional lookup fields to include only users who are active. Then in the interface, filter the records to only include records where the current user is in the conditional lookup.

Inactive users would still have access to the interface, but would not be able to see any records. 

See Solution in Thread

4 Replies 4

I did see this, but it is not clear to me how to integrate these into a script. Could you provide an example of what it would look like in the script? 

kuovonne
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

Those endpoints for adding or deleting collaborators are only available to people on Enterprise plans. They also are part of the web API, not part of scripting. Although it is technically possible to access the web API with scripting, it is not secure.

Thus, it is not realistic to use scripting to control access. 

However, you can set up your fields and interfaces to only show records to active users. Have a table of users where you store the status of each user. Link users to their records in other tables. Use conditional lookup fields to include only users who are active. Then in the interface, filter the records to only include records where the current user is in the conditional lookup.

Inactive users would still have access to the interface, but would not be able to see any records. 

Cap_Raps

Thank you! That is essentially what I have done, was just hoping for a more complete removal of access without having to manually remove.