296 1
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
george_glass1
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

I wrote a script in my automation to create a linking table of sorts that carries over records from two different tables. I have a field that is a formulated value in both source tables and in the target table I want that to be single-select. Is this possible? I cannot get the values to match up! The formulated value in source tables are based on dates, depending on what range the date falls in the output will be either one of 4 values: "Q1", "Q2", "Q3", or "Q4".

Now when I log the output of the target field value of each record (there are hundreds) I get:
"Q2, Q4, Q3, Q3, Q3, Q3, Q2, Q2, Q4, Q1, Q3, Q4, Q1, Q2, Q3, Q4, Q4, Q3, Q4, Q3, Q3, Q3, Q3, Q3, Q4, Q3, Q1, Q3, Q2, Q4, Q3, Q3, Q3, Q4, Q2, Q3, Q4, Q3, Q4, Q3, Q1, Q3, Q3, Q3, Q3, Q3, Q3, Q3, Q3, Q3, Q2, Q2, Q3, Q1, Q3, Q3, Q4, Q3, Q2, Q3, Q4, Q4, Q3, Q3, Q3, Q3, Q3, Q2, Q2, Q1, Q3, Q3, Q3, Q3, Q3, Q3, Q2, Q3, Q3, Q4, Q3, Q1, Q1, Q2, Q3, Q3, Q4, Q2, Q2, Q3, Q3, Q3, Q2, Q2, Q3, Q1, Q2, Q4, Q3, Q4"

Can anyone help me understand why this is? I'm assuming if I just plugged these "duplicate" values into the single select options it would work but ideally I need unique options.

1 Reply 1
ilvasdetex
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer
  1. Start by identifying the formula field whose value you want to carry over.
  2. Determine the data type of the formula field to ensure compatibility with the single select field.
  3. Create a new single select field in your database or application interface.
  4. Ensure that the single select field has options that correspond to the possible values generated by the formula field.
  5. Use automation or scripting tools provided by your database or application platform like to map the formula field value to the single select field.
  6. Write a script or workflow rule that triggers the transfer of values from the formula field to the single select field.
  7. Test the script or workflow rule thoroughly gyb employes to ensure accuracy and reliability.
  8. Consider implementing error handling mechanisms to address any potential issues during the data transfer process.
  9. Communicate the changes to relevant stakeholders and users to ensure they understand the updated functionality.
  10. Monitor the data transfer process to verify that values are being correctly carried over from the formula field to the single select field.
  11. Document the procedure for future reference and troubleshooting purposes.
  12. Regularly review and optimize the data transfer process to maintain efficiency and accuracy.