Help

How would i capture a srtring of text within brackets?

Topic Labels: Automations
158 3
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
totoporo
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

hi there,

i was trying to capture text w the mid feature for text inside a bracket in my title column imported from google calendar however for some reason it's not grabbing it. What should the formula be? The text that needs extrapolating to a different field is within the "[" and "]" [TEST] Restaurant Name: Name of Event. Any thoughts? I'd then like that text to trigger a dropdown menu in a different field. 

THank you!  

3 Replies 3
Kyrstin_Graves
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

MID(Field, FIND("[", Field) + 1, FIND("]", Field) - FIND("[", Field) - 1)

I think this should work for your use case. You'll just need to replace "Field" with whatever the name of your Title Field is. 

As for that trigger a drop down menu, I'm not sure I completely understand, but I'll provide an answer based on what I assume you're asking. If you're wanting that to create/choose an option in a single select field, you'd need an automation. You'd want it to trigger when the formula field is updated, then you'd want it to update the original record's drop down field to the text in the formula field.

totoporo
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Ahh makes all the sense, thank yu! 

Kyrstin_Graves
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

@totoporo Please make sure to mark the solution so people know that it's been solved. Not sure if you did or not as it's showing me a clickable button to see the solution in thread even though nothing is marked as "Solved" on my end. Might be a bug, but wanted to remind you to mark it as solution if you didn't already 🙂