cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Bharathy
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Hi, 

Table A, B, and C. Table B fields are linked with Table A and Table C. I'm trying to run automation. Whenever a new record is added, I will filter the records from Table A and Table C based on the condition. Then I need to create a record in Table B by linking the data from Table A and Table C. 
Now I can filter the records from Table A and Table C using the Find Records action. but not able to run a nested repeating loop. I can do only one repeating loop.

3 Replies 3
Kyrstin_Graves
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Can you explain what you need the nested repeating loop for?

I'm not sure what table you're watching for new records. I would assume it isn't B because you mention creating a record in B instead of updating the record in B. I'm also not understanding why you'd need a nested repeating loop if its trigger is when you've created a new record. If you could provide more insight, I'd be happy at figuring out a solution for you 🙂

Airtable automations allow for only limited flow control. You can have only one repeating group. If you have conditional actions, you cannot have a repeating group. 

Here are some options.

- Use multiple automations. Have the first automation set a field value (like a checkbox or single select) that triggers the second automation with the nested repeating group.

- Use scripting

- Use a third party automation platform, like Make that supports more complex flow control. 

You don't need any repeated groups here, just usual single update record step. Cannot understand your case that trigger the automation, but that doesn't matter. To link a record in Table B (let's call it Record B) to a number of Records returned by Find Records, you don't need to loop them and add ID of Record B.  Instead, update record B, field 'Link to A' with the result of Find Records in Table A, 'Make a new list of Airtable record ID'.
Do the same for link to table C, don't forget to click on correct 'Find Records' step.