1144 4
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
melissabuckley2
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Is there any way to be notified when a base has no new records in a period of time.

I'm creating a base where managers need to leave a new record at least once every 30 days.  I want to be alerted when they have NOT left a new record since the last one was posted.

Anyone know of a way to do this?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
BillH
9 - Sun
9 - Sun

I think something like this should work.  I checks a table to see if anything has a creation time after one month ago (or whatever you need), if the find is zero records it sends an email notification.  Maybe not exactly what you envisioned, but the concept is possible within automations.

BillH_0-1700169525751.png

See Solution in Thread

4 Replies 4
melissabuckley2
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

I'm not seeing anything on Airtable and am trying to use Zapier.  I can't figure it out either!  Hopefully, someone here has done this automation previously!

BillH
9 - Sun
9 - Sun

I think something like this should work.  I checks a table to see if anything has a creation time after one month ago (or whatever you need), if the find is zero records it sends an email notification.  Maybe not exactly what you envisioned, but the concept is possible within automations.

BillH_0-1700169525751.png

You are my hero!  Thank you!  I'm still learning what all automations can do and this is great.  Thanks!

I'm glad it was helpful.  Good luck and don't be discouraged along the path.  I use some Automations, some Make scenarios and some Zapier, and even when they do the same thing the different interfaces can be very confusing.