316 2
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
perfect
5 - Automation Enthusiast
5 - Automation Enthusiast

I create 'multiple select' field to store multiple functions of my product. When I do automation to google docs, the information in this field is grouped together into one field. 

Current format in google docs is 

value 1, value 2, value 3

Any method to present the value each line?

value 1

value 2

value 3

Also, the product image can't be automated into google docs through airtable automation. How can I fix it?  Tks. 

2 Replies 2
ScottWorld
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

1. To make each value of your multi-select field show up on new lines, you will need to create a formula field in Airtable with this formula:

SUBSTITUTE(
{Your Multi Select Field Here},
", ""\n"
)

Then, use that formula in your automation.

2. Airtable's Google Docs automations don't support sending images to Google Docs. You would need to do this using Make's Airtable Automations and Make's Google Docs automations.

There are many, many different ways of setting this up, but the screenshot below will show you a very quick & easy example of how to set this up in Make:

Screenshot 2024-01-20 at 8.55.52 PM.png

If you've never used Make before, it can be challenging to learn for the first time, which is why I’ve assembled a bunch of Make training resources in this thread.

For example, to instantly trigger a Make automation from Airtable, check out this thread on instantly triggering a Make automation from Airtable using a webhook.

And Make even created an entire Make Training Academy here.

i also give live demonstrations of how to use Make in many of my Airtable podcast appearances here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SbH9iE5ncCk&list=PLqssva4liHRwHhQIpTXekG8WObEoyC2F1

p.s. If you have a budget for your project and you’d like to hire an expert Airtable consultant to help you with any of this, please feel free to contact me through my website: Airtable consulting — ScottWorld

@ScottWorld  I'm experiencing this very problem.
Can you give me more information on this?

1. To make each value of your multi-select field show up on new lines, you will need to create a formula field in Airtable with this formula:

SUBSTITUTE(
{Your Multi Select Field Here},
", ""\n"
)