cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ronnie88
5 - Automation Enthusiast
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Hey everyone!

I'm new to this and need some help. I have a list of client details that include two attachments: a price list and a software update list. These attachments are used in automated emails. Periodically, I need to update these attachments with the latest versions.

I've tried two methods:

1. Linked records: I created a second table with the attachments linked to the client list. However, I'm having trouble getting the attachments to appear in the client list.

2. Update record automation: My understanding is that I need to first find the relevant records and then run a repeating group to update them. However, I'm facing two challenges here. First, it seems to only find up to 100 records, but our list is much larger. Second, I'm struggling to get the automation to work smoothly.

Has anyone encountered a similar situation and found a solution? Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Alexey_Gusev
12 - Earth
12 - Earth

You should use Linked records in such case, and nothing more. And that's really easy.
Create a new table for attachments, with one record and four fields, 
Primary - single text (type anything there, like 'Images', or 'lists') , other two - attachments, price list & update list. fourth will be linking field. Click in linked field and link to first record.

Alexey_Gusev_0-1715345057141.png

Now switch to the table with 1000 records, find linked field (unhide if needed) and select cell with link  'images'. Copy cell, select whole field and paste. It tooks a few seconds. Now right click on linked field header, choose 'add lookup fields' and add both image fields. 
That's all.

Alexey_Gusev_1-1715345477231.png

p.s. You can join then in a single cell, if needed.
also you can turn primary cell from single text 'Images' to formula with LAST_MODIFIED_TIME() or whatever, so it will be shown on links. but I would just hide linked field.
When adding new records you should provide that link will be copied there as well.

See Solution in Thread

4 Replies 4

Hi,
I did such thing, With automation and with script. Airtable supports uploading 1000 attachments at a time, so I had to create uploader with several rows.

Alexey_Gusev_0-1715260337336.png

please describe your upload process. you have a folder of files with each named by client or client ID and you need to batch upload such folder from time to time? how much files and how often? 
do you have enough automation runs if each file will be loaded with 1 automation run?

I don't think Find Records limit (100 recs) matters in your case unless you are going to update more than 100 records with the same file.

Hi @Alexey_Gusev ,

My process is as follows:

I have two attachments - one price list, and one update list - that must be attached to all records in my database. These files are all the same for all clients.

So, when for example, the price list is changed, I must delete the old price list from all records in the database, and replace it with the new price list - the same file for all records.

Our database has close to a thousand records.

Alexey_Gusev
12 - Earth
12 - Earth

You should use Linked records in such case, and nothing more. And that's really easy.
Create a new table for attachments, with one record and four fields, 
Primary - single text (type anything there, like 'Images', or 'lists') , other two - attachments, price list & update list. fourth will be linking field. Click in linked field and link to first record.

Alexey_Gusev_0-1715345057141.png

Now switch to the table with 1000 records, find linked field (unhide if needed) and select cell with link  'images'. Copy cell, select whole field and paste. It tooks a few seconds. Now right click on linked field header, choose 'add lookup fields' and add both image fields. 
That's all.

Alexey_Gusev_1-1715345477231.png

p.s. You can join then in a single cell, if needed.
also you can turn primary cell from single text 'Images' to formula with LAST_MODIFIED_TIME() or whatever, so it will be shown on links. but I would just hide linked field.
When adding new records you should provide that link will be copied there as well.

Thanks so much! That worked 🙂