313 4
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
pdxbug
5 - Automation Enthusiast

I am attempting to update multiple records in a single automation in a Synced Table. I am unable to update Synced Records from RunScript as I get 'Error: Edits to synced field "Stories Automation" (fldxxxxxx) are not allowed from this origin'.

I know I can use the native update record functions to update a single record, but if I put the items into a list attempt to repeat group I am given the error `Synced fields can only be updated in the last action in an automation. Move this action to the end of the automation, or remove the synced field.`

pdxbug_0-1709846763695.png

What are the options? I'm considering just using an API call to make the changes directly to the original table but am hoping I can do them locally.

4 Replies 4
David_Schwartz1

I'm getting the same error, in a somewhat different situation.  This is the error:

"Edits to synced field \"Artwork Requested\" (fldUxxxxxxx) are not allowed from this origin"

In my case I'm attempting to update the field in the Synced table via the API.

Saulo_Soares

Same problem here as David Schwartz. @David_Schwartz1 

Have you found any workarounds yet?

MikeD
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Same here ... have bumped into both these errors today (first one in AirTable, second one in MAKE.com)

But as it stands I am not able to achieve my goal ... is this a bug ?

pdxbug

Currently the only solution I have is to create a new field in the synced base, make changes to that field that is then synced into the original base and updates via automation on the original base. NOT ideal.