cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
EGSkelator
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Hi all,

When someone submits a form, I already know we have a relatively empty record that exists for that submission. I want an automation to do the following:

Trigger: When a form is submitted

Action 1: Find a record by matching phone numbers in the table to the form submission.

Action 2: Update the record in the table with the new information submitted on the form (5+ fields, some of the fields are drop-downs and some are free text).

In my test, it all seemed to go well, and then when we actually submitted something, it stopped working.

2 Replies 2

Could you provide screenshots of your:
1. Form submission table with example data
2. The table you're trying to update with the relevant fields
3. Automation setup
4. Automation error

If you could provide a read only invite link to a duplicated copy of your base with example data that'd be best as troubleshooting automations without seeing how everything comes together is quite difficult

ScottWorld
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

@EGSkelator 

Are you trying to give users a way to update their own information in your system? If so, one of the easiest ways of doing this is to use Fillout’s advanced forms for Airtable, which will let users update their own Airtable record from a form.

Otherwise, if you want to do this entirely with Airtable’s forms, you would need to take the steps that you outlined in your post. If it’s not working, please post screenshots of your automation.

— ScottWorld, Expert Airtable Consultant