cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tombon101
5 - Automation Enthusiast
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Hello,

I have a Database that includes a table of Users and a Table of inventory (Computers , Monitors, Docking stations and so on).
All of our inventory is mapped by serial number.

When I give the user a device I assign it to the Air table.

I want to have the option to see the assigned history by user or by device.

That means if I have a user name Tom, and I gave him on 01/12/2023 a laptop: Lenovo Thinkpad , S/N:ABCD123, and I took it back on 15/01/2024.

Let's say I have the record of this computer.
Through that record I want to be able to view the computer assigned History- that means when it was assigned and when it was unassigned.

And also the opposite way, through the user record to be able to see which devices were assigned or unassigned to the user.

2 Replies 2
ScottWorld
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

The only way that you can do this is to restructure your database as a “many-to-many relationship”, which is a more complicated type of relationship that requires 3 tables (instead of 2 tables) for your record linking.

You can read more about many-to-many relationships in Airtable’s support document here. https://support.airtable.com/docs/understanding-linked-record-relationships-in-airtable

Dan_Montoya
Community Manager
Community Manager

It sounds like you want a log of events that happened to the user (assigned assets and removed assets) and to assets (assigned, unassigned, repair) and what dates those things happend.

I would use an automation that creates those log entries in your log table with links back to the user and the asset.