353 2
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
peterboothby
5 - Automation Enthusiast

I expect this is beyond what Airtable / 3rd party automations can do but if achievable this would be an absolute game changer for me. I would like to create three fields. Field 1 (Single Line Text) / Field 2 (Attachment) / Field 3 (Attachment).

In Field 1 - I enter the name of an employee. In Filed 2 - I attach a multipage pdf. Then in Field 3 - I get the multipage pdf with the individuals name across it as a watermark.

I've tried programs Zapier, CraftMyPDF, pypdf but hitting hurdles throughout. Any ideas are enormously welcome.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
peterboothby

Thank you Scott! Very helpful. I had some luck today with Zapier and PDF4me today, although I've reached it's limitations I think.

Having just read your article comparing Make vs. Zapier. I've signed up with Make and will attempt to replicate the process.

If I get stuck again I'll definitely reach out. Thank you again for your help

See Solution in Thread

2 Replies 2

Sure, this can be done with a variety of different PDF tools or image conversion tools that are available on the market.

Just as one example (but there are dozens of other websites that do this), you could use CloudConvert's Watermark API.

Although, like I mentioned above, this is not the only company that offers this with their API. Most PDF API's and image conversion API's that I have seen support this feature.

Also, you mentioned Zapier in your message above, but I would STRONGLY recommend against using Zapier. 

Make is INFINITELY more powerful & customizable than Zapier, yet it is SIGNIFICANTLY CHEAPER than Zapier.

Most people in the community have shifted away from Zapier to Make.

I wrote an entire post here comparing Make vs. Zapier.

p.s. If your company has a budget for your project and you’d like to hire an expert Airtable consultant to help you with any of this, please feel free to contact me through my website: Airtable consulting — ScottWorld

peterboothby

Thank you Scott! Very helpful. I had some luck today with Zapier and PDF4me today, although I've reached it's limitations I think.

Having just read your article comparing Make vs. Zapier. I've signed up with Make and will attempt to replicate the process.

If I get stuck again I'll definitely reach out. Thank you again for your help