176 1
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
pricece
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

I have a question that I can't seem to find the answer to. I have two tables within a base. One is a list of employees with their names and teams. The other is a list of Scheduled trainings. On the Scheduled table, I have a field that I fill in for possible training attendees. It is a multi-select field linked to the Employees' table, but I have to add each individual 1 by 1, which can be time-consuming.

Is there a way to add multiple people easily or be able to add everyone from specific teams? I'd want to be able to select operations, for example, and it adds everyone's name from that team to that field. So I can see the attendees, but people can also have the training linked to them directly. 

4 Replies 4

Hi,
Yes, you can paste comma-separated list of names, for example, and it will link to all of them. But it won't work as desired, if the primary field of employee table contains commas. Also, if the list contain errors and Airtable cannot find such employee, it will create new record(s) and link to them. So, before pasting take a look at the number of records in employee table and disable sorting.  

select operations, for example, and it adds everyone's name from that team to that field
I would do the opposite - add any person from operations, switch to employee table, filter to show operations only, find that person and field, linked to training and copy-paste this value to the whole column.

You could also do grouping/collapse all , to be able to quickly copy-paste values to some groups - only expanded group(s) will be affected when you paste to the whole column.

Sho
11 - Venus
11 - Venus

Try this extension.

LRH01.gif
LinkRecordHelper - Marketplace - Airtable

Also, you can generate a list of people from a group record using a formula and paste it in.

Thanks Alexey! For the recommendation for doing the opposite I'm not sure I understand what you mean. Would I add them first to the trainings table or the employee?

I really like this extension. Thanks Sho!