cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jorge1
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Captura de Pantalla 2024-02-22 a la(s) 19.07.38.png

Hi there: There are two records with to dates, I need to use the DATETIME_DIFF function, but it only works If I have the fields side by side, not in two diferent records. How can I work this out?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Alexey_Gusev
12 - Earth
12 - Earth

Hi,
All 'vertical' computing must be done in a table, where these records are linked (in your case, where 'Nomrbe' column linked.)
You should add rollup field and use formula, for example DATETIME_DIFF(MIN(values), MAX(values),'days'). On the record, where primary field value is 'MARIA PRISCILA', and these 2 records are linked to, it will give you  a difference between MIN and MAX dates of linked records.

See Solution in Thread

4 Replies 4
Sistema_Aotearo
8 - Airtable Astronomer
8 - Airtable Astronomer

I think a formula isn't what you're looking for. Might be something you can configure in an interface? Not sure how complex your base is, but you could give it a go with the new dashboard interfaces.

You'll need to link the two records together and use a lookup field to display the date from the linked record I'm afraid

Alexey_Gusev
12 - Earth
12 - Earth

Hi,
All 'vertical' computing must be done in a table, where these records are linked (in your case, where 'Nomrbe' column linked.)
You should add rollup field and use formula, for example DATETIME_DIFF(MIN(values), MAX(values),'days'). On the record, where primary field value is 'MARIA PRISCILA', and these 2 records are linked to, it will give you  a difference between MIN and MAX dates of linked records.

Thanks