305 4
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gtu
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

I have two bases: Contacts and Matters. In Contacts, there are two tables: People and Companies. In Matters, I have a table (Matters) with a field for Clients. I know i can sync People and Companies to the Matters base. However, is there a way to link the records for People and Companies to the Client field? I only see a way for one or the other. 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

Ah, I see!  A single linked field can only link to a single other table I'm afraid, so that isn't possible.  Maybe you could create a single table that includes the data from both the "People" and "Companies" synced tables?

See Solution in Thread

4 Replies 4

After you've synced the "People" and "Companies" tables to the "Matters" base, you could then create two linked fields from the "Matters" table to the synced tables?  Sorry, I think I'm not understanding your problem!

I want to have one linked field. In Matters table, I have a field called Clients. In Clients field, I want to be able to pull up data from either People or Companies. But when I try to link to another record, I can only choose People or Companies. I cannot choose both.  

Ah, I see!  A single linked field can only link to a single other table I'm afraid, so that isn't possible.  Maybe you could create a single table that includes the data from both the "People" and "Companies" synced tables?

I see. I was hoping otherwise. Yes, I thought about creating a single table, but was seeing if the other way could be done. Thank you for the help.