Help

PLEASE HELP - 1 record per event while setting a role for each artist within the event?

270 1
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sanadhourani
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Hello everyone,

I have an interesting problem that I would love your input on.

What you’re looking at here is a database for a comedy club. The idea behind this specific database is to look into the different events done and to be done.

Screenshot 2024-01-25 at 3.53.22 PM.png

A part of the fields is the date, location, show type, role of artist, and artist.

Each event (with specific date) has multiple artists with different roles, I am currently adding multiple records per event in order to separate the artists roles and get a count of each artist’s role in each show type through a related database as seen below

Screenshot 2024-01-25 at 3.54.02 PM.png

Is there a way to add 1 record per event and add as many artists to this specific event while picking a role for each artist which would then give me an accurate count?

1 Reply 1
ScottWorld
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

The only way that you can do this is to restructure your database as a “many-to-many relationship”, which is a more complicated type of relationship that requires 3 tables (instead of 2 tables) for your record linking..

You can read more about many-to-many relationships in Airtable’s support document here.

I also give a demonstration of many-to-many relationships on this Airtable podcast episode.

p.s. If you need to hire an expert Airtable consultant to help you with any of this, please feel free to contact me through my website: Airtable consulting — ScottWorld