Help

Re: Synced tables - find the name of the synced field when column has been renamed in original sourc

Solved
Jump to Solution
635 1
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Karl_at_Easy_La
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Hi. This seems like something trivial, but I can't seem to find any way to do this. I had synced two tables from a base to another.  During that time, various fields were renamed in Base A (the source table).  I noticed that the fields in Base B do not seem to get renamed as well, yet the sync remains active.  

How can I know which is the fieldB name in Base B, which maps to fieldA in BaseA, without having to resort to guessing? 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Karl_at_Easy_La
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

One very hacky way I found to deterministically find the 'old' column name in the synced table, is to put a unique value in a row, and then find the column which contains that value in the synced table. Feels like it could be way simpler, but it works. 

See Solution in Thread

2 Replies 2

It's a deliberate choice of Airtable to not let changed field names sync through. Unfortunately, because it's one of my frustrations when using Airtable. Don't really know a simple trick for this one. It would be useful if linked fields where connected to each other in the "Relationships" tool. Now, it only shows the table a linked field is linked to. 

Karl_at_Easy_La
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

One very hacky way I found to deterministically find the 'old' column name in the synced table, is to put a unique value in a row, and then find the column which contains that value in the synced table. Feels like it could be way simpler, but it works.